So I'm a little late but what's that phrase..."Better late than never" Hehehe No but seriously my life revolves around two things (besides the kids) sports and pop culture so I decided to pick my top 5 Pop Culture moments involving sports. Here's #5
5. Micheal Sam. Sam is a former MIZZOU defensive lineman of the year that graduated and went to the draft. Problem was shortly before he entered the draft he announced that he was gay and feels that it caused him to be drafted very late in the process. I believe he went 241 out of 259, probably not the place for a highly noted defensive lineman, \insert shrug\. Long story short Sam was drafted, played, was cut from the Rams but then picked up to play for Dem Boys in their practice squad but was cut again. Currently he is still hoping to be picked up but is just training for next season.
4. The Los Angeles Clippers. Now I'm from Detroit so routing for any LA based team is really hard for me but I've learned to love these Clippers. Especially after meeting CP3 in Vegas this summer I'm an official Clipper fan. The Clips make this list however because of their former owner Donald Stern. Stern was recorded by his mistress using racial slurs that were beyond inappropriate especially for a man that owns an organization comprised of many African Americans. And he talked bad about Magic, bye Felipe. That is exactly what the NBA did in an historic karate chop to ending Stern's association with the league. It wasn't easy but before the season started Stearn was out and Steve Ballmer (ah multimillionaire baller) is the new owner. Whew I would sure hate to miss out on any games this year if he had not left.
3. Ray and Janee Rice. Man I know everyone has heard this story but most recently his league suspension has been lifted after being seen tossing his fiancé around like her first name was Raggedy Ann inside of an Atlantic City hotel elevator. She has forgiven him and was PO'd that America cared enough to speak their disgust about the event providing pressure on Baltimore to release him. Sure this is a private matter, they should be able to work out at home but I'm sorry boo you should have stayed in your hotel room if you didn't want us to know. IJS
2. Lebron James. Who the flip knew King James wanted to go back home? Let's face it the weather is much better in Miami and quite frankly yes they didn't win the championship last year but um at least he would have had a chance again this year. With Cleveland, NOT! But be it as it may Lebron didn't do another DECISION debacle but he quietly made the move to wear the Cavalier jersey again. He was welcomed by the city and Dan Gilbert with open arms. Does anyone remember them burning his jersey? Ahhh, oh well I've already heard that he's thinking he made a boo-boo. Maybe DWade will try and get him to make a REDECISION.
1. Devon Still. Or as I like to call this one Man of Still and his superhero princess. Loving that I'm topping this post off with a feel good story. Devon plays for the Bengals but as luck would have it was cut before the season only to discover that his daughter Leah had cancer. Once the organization found out they re-signed him on their practice squad so that he would have insurance benefits to cover her treatment. Leah is doing well, still in treatment however, and the country has embraced her and her fight with cancer. She is one tough and cute cookie. We are praying for you honey! #PrayForLeah
Well there you have it, that top 5 moments that were on my mind in 2014. What was on your list share in the comments. It's a Wide World of Sports for sure! Happy 2015!
The Curvy Momager