Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Moms on Fiyah - Barrissa Gardner

My social network is getting bigger and I'm so happy about it.  Just a few weeks ago I met a Mom.  Wait I met an incredible mom that has a similar vision as me when it comes to the young athlete's lifestyle that I'm living.  She is a fellow basketball mom times ten!  Founder & Director of Youth Basketball Moms Assoication, Barrissa Gardner (pictured with her son to the left) really is living her mission.  Her young son (Kyree Walker, Age 13) has her traveling across the country because of his talents with the Oakland Soldiers.  While out at several tournaments she noticed that the parents were treating each other badly more specifically fellow basketball moms were.  I'm guilty so I totally understood where she was coming from.  Yes I've been at a many a game telling refs they didn't have a clue, yelling at a kid on the floor for the hard foul on my baby and staring at the opposing teams fam like they better cool it.  Okay I'm growing ya'll.  But by talking with Barrissa I think I'm quickly going to get my attitude in check.  She has plans to not only unite and make stronger players on the floor but to get us Momagers on the same page.


Momagers this is the movement we all need to get on board with.  She's supporting the entire community by sharing all of our passions and making sure we connect for the greater good.  As she says, "We all have the same goal, we want our kids to win...both in basketball, school, and life....so why not all work together."  I'll be sharing much more on what Barrissa is doing in future posts but for now let's all applaud her by following her via social media and getting ready to join forces.

IG: @youthbballmoms
Twitter @youthbballmoms
Website (coming soon) www.youthbballmoms.com



No comments:

Post a Comment